Last updated: December 1, 2015
- Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide us directly:
- In connection with your use of the Service, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register with the Service.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile, including first and last name, picture, address, and mobile number, together with some basic security information.
- Delivery recipient’s information, including first and last name, address, and phone number.
- Financial information, including billing address, credit card number and expiration date, which may be collected by us or our third party payment processing service.
- Communications between you and Tonic Blooms. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt-out of Service-related emails.
- Other personal information with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
- Although it is not compulsory to give us this information in order to use the Service, if you do not then you cannot register an account with the Service.
- We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. The collection and use of this analytics information is combined with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
- See “Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising” below for details on use of this information.
- You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of our Service and your ability to access certain features of our Service.
Use of Personal Information
- We may use information that we receive:
- to manage your account and provide you with user support;
- to process payment and enable delivery of products you purchase through the system;
- to make general improvements to our Service and the services we facilitate;
- to enforce the terms and conditions of use of the Service;
- to protect you and us from theft, fraud, and unauthorized access to your account;
- to analyze how Users are making use of the Service, including monitoring metrics such as total numbers of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- to diagnose or fix technology problems;
- to automatically update the Tonic Blooms application on your device;
- to notify you of certain offers and new services (subject to your right to unsubscribe or opt-out);
- to run contests, special offers or other events or activities on the Service (“Events”).
- to market and advertise relevant products and services. This may include Tonic Blooms and our partners sending you information about products and services that will be relevant to you, by email, mobile messaging, postal mail or direct telephone contact; and
- for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law. We may also exchange personal information with our Affiliates (as defined below) as necessary for the purposes described above. All of the above are subject to your stated preferences; we and our content partners will always make it clear how you can prevent such marketing or communications i.e. opt-out of these uses.
- Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent.
- Sharing of your Personal Information
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies of which Tonic Blooms is a part, or that become a part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your videos.
- We may disclose personal information to certain groups or organizations for the purpose of internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes, including defending or bringing legal actions.
- We may share your information with third parties service providers, such as delivery and payment processing service providers. We are not responsible for the manner in which these third parties use or further disclose your information after we have disclosed that information to those third parties. However, we require our third party service providers to promise not to use your information except as necessary to provide the relevant service to you and us. Further, we request that third parties not keep your information once the relevant service has been provided.
- We may also use third party organizations to help us provide part of our Service to you, which may entail sharing your information as well information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data with those third party organizations. In some circumstances these providers may be based in countries outside Canada whose laws provide for a different standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under Canadian law. Reasonable contractual or other measures we may take to protect your personal information while processed or handled by these service providers are subject to applicable Canadian and foreign legal requirements, including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government and national security authorities in certain circumstances.
- Opt-Out Options:
- You can block or erase cookies from your computer if you want to (your browser’s help screen or manual should tell you how to do this).
- You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from AdRoll re-marketing by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads served by AdRoll or by going to https://app.adroll.com/optout/safari.
- You can also learn more about targeted advertising practices or opt-out of this type of advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website at www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada website at www.youradchoices.ca/choices.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your information:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We reserve the right to co-operate with local, provincial, national and international authorities in investigations of improper or unlawful activities, and this may require the disclosure of personal information. We may also report to other organizations about improper or unlawful user activities on this Service, and this reporting may include disclosure of personal information relating to those individuals conducting such improper or unlawful activities.
- How we store and secure your information
- If you use the Service while you are outside Canada, your information may be transferred outside Canada in order to provide you with those services.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Tonic Blooms cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Tonic Blooms or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Tonic Blooms, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you use to connect to Tonic Blooms make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- Children’s Privacy
- Tonic Blooms’s services are directed at an adult market, and therefore the Service is intended for use by adults only. We encourage parents to take an active role in their children’s use of the Internet, and to inform them of the dangers of providing information about themselves over the Internet. Children of any age should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to anyone online. No information should be submitted to or posted on this website by users under 18 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian. Children are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us.
- Further Questions
- If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com.